Monday, March 24, 2008

Family comes first

Last night i was on the phone with a dear friend of mine, we were talking about our easter weekends when he startled " you spent the weekend with your mum, why would you wanna do that, dont you have friends?". At first this offended me but then i realised so what?

This guy ( not going to mention names) was on holiday with his parents at the time?? who was he to talk.

i dont care if he is going to judge me, or anyone for that matter, because i spend time with my family. A few months ago now my mum yelled at me , going on about that my friends won't always be there but your family will. at the time i blew it off and did whatever to keep her happy. looking back now i realise she was right, over the past few months i realise i have lost a fair few close friends, people i considered to be staying around, take a look...they're not there..

Over the past year, since breaking up with josh, i have learnt so much. i have learnt not all good thinsg last forever, things can change, ive learnt how to be a lot stronger and iv made a lot of mistakes. the one thing i have learned that i treasure, is the importance of family. Not just my Mum, my Dad, my brother ( who has moved otu and i havent seen for about 2 weeks, despite my angry text messages), My aunties, unvcles, grandparents and of coursee cousinss ( like the loser sittin next to me).

if only more people would step back and stop taking there family for granted, there the people that love you most despite what you think..

thats my rant for this tuesday =]

p.s just to clear things up, i didnt spend teh whole weekend with my mum, friday night i was at easter show with friends, saturday was with my mummy =] and sunday was spent all day withh friends.

No comments: